All industries have been affected by digital disruption. Countries compete for tech talent every day and pay large sums to land all-star engineers. So, how much do software engineers make?
The salary of a software developer varies according to seniority and years of experience. An entry-level software developer salary in the United States, for example, is $103,382, while in Switzerland, it is $87,668, and in Germany, it is $62,668.
Let’s dive in for more details!
How much do software engineers make? – Worldwide overview
The top highest paying countries for software engineers tend to stay the same over the years. These are the United States, Switzerland, Israel, and many European nations.
According to Indeed, the United States is the best-paying country for software engineers, with an average software engineer salary of $110,638 in 2021. This equates to a monthly salary of $9,219 for a software engineer in the United States. Junior developers earn $103,382 per year in the United States, while senior engineers with 6-9 years of experience earn $121,488. San Francisco is the highest-paying city for software engineers in the United States.
|Country||Software Developer Salary|
How much do computer programmers make?
How much does a software engineer make in the US?
According to Indeed, the average annual salary for a software engineer in the United States is $110K. In the United States, an entry-level software engineer earns $106K per year, while senior developers make $133K. The average monthly salary for a software engineer in the United States is $9,166.
The United States is the highest-paying country in North America. In comparison, a software engineer’s salary in Canada can reach $63,459.
What engineers make the most money in the US?
- The average annual salary for iOS and Android software engineers is $122K and $121K, respectively.
- The average salary for a C++ developer is $104K per year.
- The average Java developer salary is $103K.
- PHP developers make $90,707.
- C# developers earn an annual salary of $82,490.
- The average .NET developer salary is $96,937 per year.
- Front-end developers and Full-Stack engineers earn around $109K.
How much do computer programmers make over the years?
How much does a software engineer make in Germany?
According to Payscale, the average salary for a software engineer in Germany after taxes is $65,689. Junior software engineers earn $62,668, while senior engineers earn $76,407.
Software engineers in Berlin are paid more than the national average — $72,710.
What engineers make the most money in Germany?
- C++ ($63,312), iOS ($62,733), and Android ($61,242) software engineers earn the highest salaries in Germany when compared to other technologies.
- A PHP software engineer’s salary in Germany is the lowest, at $56,777.
- Salary ranges for.NET, Python, and Java software engineers range from $60,949 (for.NET) to $59,544 (for Python).
- C# developera make $57,124.
- The average Full-Stack developer salary is $61,174 per year.
How much do software engineers make in Switzerland?
Switzerland has the highest software engineering salary in Europe and thoroughly deserves to be referred to as the best country in Europe for software engineers. The average software engineer salary in Switzerland is CHF 84,934, according to PayScale. In Switzerland, an entry-level software developer earns approximately CHF 78,056 per year, middle developers earn around 80,887 CHF, and senior engineers make approximately CHF 112,940.
What engineers make the most money in Switzerland?
- The highest software developer salary is for C# and.NET, which are $112,315 and $113,790.
- Swiss Android developer’s salary is $93,436, the lowest of any technology.
- The average salary for a front-end developer in Switzerland is $98,426.
- Python developers make $97,772.
- PHP and Full-Stack software developers earn $95,468 and $100,499 per year, respectively.
- C# software developers in Switzerland earn an average of $112,315 per year, while Java and C++ earn $101,022 and $100,606, respectively.
- The average salary for an iOS engineer in Switzerland is $105,262.
How much do software developers make in Sweden?
The average IT developer salary in Sweden is SEK 430,319, according to PayScale. In Sweden, the average junior developer salary is SEK 360,000 per year, middle developers earn SEK 474,044, and senior software engineers earn SEK 569,015.
The average salary in Stockholm is higher than the national average, reaching around SEK 501,000.
What engineer makes the most money in Sweden?
- Java and Python developer salaries are nearly identical in Sweden, reaching $57K.
- Front-end developers in Sweden earn the least compared to other technologies, with $48,485.
- Salaries for .NET, Android, and PHP developers range from $56,366 (for.NET) to $53,389 (for PHP).
- The salaries for C++ and C# software developers are the lowest in the country, at $52,361 and $50,687, respectively.
How much do computer programmers make in Norway?
According to PayScale, the average salary for a software programmer in Norway is NOK 547,248. Junior developers earn an average of NOK 488,934, middle developers earn an average of NOK 598,947 per year, and senior developers earn an average of NOK 723,049.
According to Glassdoor, the average programmer salary in Oslo is NOK 602,669, higher than the national average.
What engineer makes the most money in Norway?
- In Norway, the highest salary for a Java developer is $72,283.
- The salary for a PHP software developer is the lowest of any technology, at $53,753.
- iOS software programmers earns $58,659.
- The average salary for a C++ developer is $64,935.
- The average salary for a Python and Android developer is around $70K.
- C# and.NET software programmer salaries range from $67,450 to $69,705.
How much do software engineers make in Denmark?
Denmark’s average software engineer salary is DKK 443,273 per year, with salaries ranging from DKK 419,789 for junior developers to DKK 542,488 for senior programmers. According to Glassdoor, Copenhagen’s average software engineer salary is higher than the national average, at DKK 527,184.
What engineer makes the most money in Denmark?
- Python software developers in Denmark earn the most money — $79,246 per year.
- The average.NET salary is $71,070.
- The average salary for a Java and C++ developer is $74,874 and $78,473, respectively.
How much do software developers make in Israel?
According to PayScale, the average monthly salary for a software engineer in Israel is $6,399, or $76,791 per year. Junior developers in Israel earn an average of $73,753, while senior software engineers earn an average of $116,499 per year. Software engineers in their mid-career with 5-9 years of experience earn $98,409.
What engineer makes the most money in Israel?
- C# software engineer salaries in Israel are the highest of any technology, at $94,214.
- PHP and Android engineer salaries are $79,284 and $81,883 respectively.
- The golden mean is between $88 and $93K for Java, Python, and iOS.
- The average salary for a software engineer for iOS developers is $92,025.
How much do computer engineers make in Finland?
The average software engineer salary in Finland is EUR 40,637, according to Payscale.
Junior software engineers in Finland are paid EUR 33,147 per year, middle developers – EUR 48,621, and senior engineers are paid around EUR 56,213 per year. According to Glassdoor, the average salary for a software engineer in Helsinki is EUR 61,153.
What engineer makes the most money in Finland?
- C++ developers in Finland are the lowest-paid compared to other technologies, with a salary of $41,409, while Python developers are the highest-paid, with a salary of $57,284.
- The salary for a front-end and full-stack developer is around $49K.
- The annual salary for a Java developer in Finland is $56,752.
- Android and iOS developers are paid $46,690 and $48,310, respectively.
- The average salary for a PHP software developer is $47,590, while for C++ engineers it makes $44,091.
How much do software developers make in the Netherlands?
The average software engineer salary in the Netherlands is $54,219, according to PayScale.
Junior programmers earn $37,908, while senior software developers earn up to $72,005. Software programmers in their mid-career with 5-9 years of experience earn $64,167 per year.
The average developer salary in Amsterdam, according to Glassdoor, is $75,609 per year (the highest in the country).
What engineer makes the most money in the Netherlands?
- Compared to other technologies, the salary of a C++ software developer in the Netherlands is the highest — $69,492.
- Front-end and PHP developers are the lowest-paid, ranging from $50,657 to $48,084.
- .NET software engineers earn less than the national average of $52,829 per year.
- Java and Android developer salaries in the Netherlands are $57,692 and $59,576 per year, respectively.
How much do computer engineers make in Australia?
According to Payscale, the average salary for a software developer in Australia is AUD 69,448. In Australia, a junior engineer earns AUD 65,364, while a middle software developer earns AUD 81,681. A senior software engineer’s annual salary in Australia is AUD 92,186. The salary of a software developer in Sydney remains at AUD 100,000.
What engineer makes the most money in Australia?
- The average salary for an Android and Java developer in Australia is $63,300, the highest among other technologies.
- The average salary for an iOS developer in Australia is $62,052.
- C++ and Full-Stack developers in Australia earn $60,780 and $61,146 per year, respectively.
- PHP developer salaries in Australia are the lowest compared to other technologies, at $53,996.
- The front-end developer’s salary is $58,074.
How much do computer engineers make in the UK?
The average software engineer salary in the UK is $68,462, according to ITJobsWatch. Junior software engineers in the United Kingdom earn $41,077 per year, while senior engineers earn $78,731.
What engineer makes the most money in the UK?
- The highest salary for a Java developer is $95,171 in the United Kingdom.
- Developers in C# ($59,072),.NET ($59,072), and PHP ($55,790) earn the least.
- The average salary for an Android developer in the United Kingdom is $78,762.
- In the United Kingdom, salaries for iOS and Python developers range from $82,044 to $88,607, respectively.
- Front-end and full-stack developers are eligible for $68,917 and $67,284 respectively.
Read more: Latest Offshore Software Development Rates by Country – Update 2022
About InApps Technology
InApps Technology is more than a software development company. It is a dream of Vietnamese developers. We focus on the niche market related to mobility solutions and high productivity dedicated team to expand the business model for our clients.
InApps developers are at the epicenter of the IT industry in Vietnam. Our skilled and experienced teams can work on any software development project that you might need, as proven by their high customer retention rate. Feel free to explore the website to learn more about our offerings and technology solutions.
We’ll advise you on the best approaches to the development process and roughly estimate your software project concept cost.
DROP US A LINE and get access to the best talents.
List of Keywords users find our article on Google:
Let’s create the next big thing together!
Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is success.