What’s new in Drupal 8? is an article sent to you by the InApps editorial team. Hope readers will have more useful knowledge at www.inapps.net
You are viewing the article: What’s new in Drupal 8?
Drupal 8 comes with a bang with refreshing new features that are geared to give all types of businesses, irrespective of their size access to wide opportunities that are present online.
Drupal has been consistently ranked one of the top CMS and they have proved themselves deserving of the title with their dedication to create exemplary digital experience through highly comprehensive services.
For individuals who want create a blog or small website for commercial purpose, Drupal provides a whole range of options to customize the website to suit your sensibilities. Drupal 8 uses Symfony framework and implements new standards that are easy to use.
With the latest version, developers can add more uniformity to data structures and the universal unique IDs (UUIDs) that are assigned to multiple types of content ensure streamlined development, especially for migrations.
Basic difference between Drupal 7 and Drupal 8
|Export full site content/config||No||Yes|
|Track config changes||No||Yes|
|Object Oriented programming||No||Yes|
|Interactive Help for Drupal admin||No||Yes|
Cool modules are now pre-packed with Drupal 8
- Views: A view is added as one of the core module of Drupal8.
- Inline Editor: Better user experience in editing content with Inline content facility.
- Mobile friendly: Drupal 8 admin is Mobile responsive
- Responsive Images: Picture Module is one of the new modules that have HTML5. It automatically resizes the images for different screens.
- Multilingual: Drupal 8 comes pre-packed with Multilingual feature.
- New Fields: Date, Email, Link ,Reference ,Telephone
- CKEditor: Best and widely accepted editor CKEditor is now pre-packed with Drupal 8.
- Import-Export: Awesome Export/Import feature of Drupal 8, you can now export almost anything from one instance to another instance of Drupal 8. Core use of this feature is exporting content/config from your development environment to production environment.
Drupal 8 comes pre-packed with cool RESTful Web service module.
Web services Modules
- RESTful Web Services (REST): Exposes all entities via a RESTful web services. It depends on the Serialization module you are using either JSON or XML.
- Serialization: Provides a service for serialization of data to and from formats such as JSON and XML.
- Hypertext Application Language (hal): Extends Serialization module to provide HAL hypermedia format Support.
- HTTP Basic Authentication (basic_auth): Drupal 8 comes with HTTP Basic authentication for APIs, which features username/password based authentication for RESTful APIs.
With the new version 8, Drupal has gone a step ahead in creating an integration between web and mobile services, it is making a big leeway by leveraging Internet of Things technologies.
Follow this to make sure you’ve got What’s new in Drupal 8?. Save and share with those around you these extras.
To learn more about ECOMMERCE DEVELOPMENT
Let’s create the next big thing together!
Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is success.