Open Source Software is Eating the World – InApps is an article under the topic Devops Many of you are most interested in today !! Today, let’s InApps.net learn Open Source Software is Eating the World – InApps in today’s post !
Read more about Open Source Software is Eating the World – InApps at Wikipedia
You can find content about Open Source Software is Eating the World – InApps from the Wikipedia website
After discussing strategies for avoiding Christmas gift -giving disasters, the Software Defined Talk crew talk about containers in the enterprise, the conglomerate theory for mature tech companies, open source business models, and Nirvana conspiracy theory movies to avoid. Listen to the SDN podcast, episode #51, here:
Listen above, subscribe to the feed, or download the MP3 directly.
Subscribe to this podcast: iTunes, RSS Feed
- If you like video, see this episodes’ video recording.
- Dell reported numbers: “Dell’s revenue declined by 6 percent year-over-year to $14 billion in its quarter ended in July.” – so, $56 billion run rate. Also: “During Dell’s fiscal 2015, the company’s operating profit totaled $3.2 billion excluding charges. In 2013, that figure was $4 billion.”
- Yahoo spends $7 Million on Christmas party.
- The Oncoming Train of Enterprise Container Deployments.
“Enterprise adoption merely amplifies, by virtue of scale, the effects of anti-patterns in any technology, and containers are no exception.” Also, “Now you’re responsible for all of Linux again even though you’re running one process in it.”
- Also from Julian, the problems with infinite vacation.
- Open source, not just software, is eating the world. You make money in open source by selling closed source: “The [open source software] companies that will be pillars of IT in the future are the companies that leverage a successful OSS project for sales, marketing, and engineering prioritization but have a product and business strategy that includes some proprietary enhancements.” Open source makes sales and marketing cheaper to execute because you outsource that to developers. Cf. Godin’s Unhelpful Law of Marketing: great products don’t need marketing.
List of Keywords users find our article on Google:
|capital one 100k bonus|
|open source software 2022|
|open source software wikipedia|
|saas recruitment process outsourcing|
|outsource el segundo|
|infinite outsourcing solutions|
|software outsourcing wiki|
|conspiracy theory wikipedia|
|hospitality and tourism sales outsourcing|
|outsource sales and marketing service|
Let’s create the next big thing together!
Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is success.