Software development is one of the most creative and challenging things to do. If you are also one of them who want to make their career in software development this article going to help you a lot.
In this article, I am mentioning 9 game-changing tools that every remote developer can’t live without.
From coding to designing these tools will help you in every aspect of software development.
Here are 9 must-have remote development tools
- GitHub is a platform that hosts code by using Git for version control and collaboration.
- Alongside hosting and reviewing code, here you can manage your projects and build software as well.
- GitHub is the largest source code tools that take version control and put it on the cloud.
- It also adds a beautiful interface on top of it.
- Not only you can see past changes but also monitor everyone’s code.
- Here you can ship new features quickly.
- By using this platform you can create code better as a team.
- With your GitHub account, you can browse as well as buy apps from the Github marketplace.
- From flexible hosting to granular access control, GitHub has got your all security requirements covered.
- Basecamp is a web-based software management tool.
- It organizes tasks, collaborates with clients and gets things done.
- It combines all the tools teams need in a single, straightforward package.
- Basecamp also helps in allocating your time more efficiently.
- It makes you work faster by allowing you to test new ideas.
- Not only you can use Basecamp to make software but also discuss ideas and plan marketing campaigns.
- Its a one-stop-shop for all the things team do together.
- They provide a 30-day free trial. So go and try your hands on it.
- Slack is a chat room platform where you can send messages and documents without using email.
- It gives your team the power as well as alignment you need to do your best work.
- It brings files into one place to add context to the conversations.
- By using this platform you can make channels for your team where they can share their ideas.
- Slack also supports voice and video calls from any conversations.
- It provides a search bar by which you can easily search messages, files, and channels.
- Nowadays big companies are saving their time with slack by securely collaborating across teams, departments, offices even countries.
- Slack also integrates efficient 3rd party team tools like Google Hangouts, Travis CI and GitHub.
- This helps you work within slack without having to read your emails.
- Hubstaff is a software that tracks employees’ activity levels with screenshots, reporting, and automated payments.
- Track time whenever and wherever your team works with Hubstaff desktop or mobile apps
- It generates the most accurate timesheet to easily invoice clients as well as pay your team.
- With the help of Hubstaff, not only you can record employee hours but also view online reports to optimize your compony’s performance.
- You can see work unfold in real-time with optional screenshots, app, and URL tracking.
- Hubstaff also provides a GPS tracking feature. With this, not only your team can clock in and out from anywhere but also you will get better job costing scheduling and payments.
- It helps you measure the time you spend on each task within a project.
- Another big plus of Hubstaff is, allowing you to integrate directly into Basecamp.
- InVision is a web and mobile mockup as well as a UI prototyping tool.
- It synchronizes with a sketch.
- InVision also lets you Iterate quickly, elevate quality and ship fast.
- It allows you to collaborate, experiment and also test much more effectively and efficiently.
- Here not only you can explore your team’s best ideas on a digital whiteboard but also get instant feedback on work in progress design.
- Not only you can use boards to share initial goals and ideas but also show the user flow, and capture inspiration.
- InVision quickly turns a design into powerful screen designs with intuitive vector-based design.
- You can seamlessly navigate the entire design process in one place.
- CodinGame is a technology company editing an online platform for developers.
- It allows them to play with programming as well as to learn to code better with their online programming application.
- Their online programming supports twenty-five programming languages.
- You can discover new languages as well as algorithms, and tricks here.
- It is a platform where you can practice your coding with automating video games.
- CodinGame also works as a recruiting platform.
- It allows developers to get noticed by companies.
- Their approach has been designed to lead advance developers to the next level.
- CodeChef is a competitive programming website.
- It’s a non-profit educational initiative aimed that provide a platform to the students.
- Here young software professionals can practice their programming skills through online contests.
- Also, there is a coding program that aims to reach out to young students.
- CodeChef organizes three programming contests every month.
- In which first you need to signup then they provide their users to participate and compete.
- Their contests are named with “The Long challenge” that is a 10-days long contest in which they feature 10 questions
- the other one is “The Lunchtime Contest” which is for school students.
- Appery is a cloud-based mobile app builder.
- You can use it to create apps for android or iOS.
- It includes Apache Cordova, Ionic, and jQuery mobile with access to its built-in components.
- As the builder runs in the cloud there is nothing to download and install.
- To build UI, The Appery app builder includes a video editor using drag and drop components.
- Appery auto-generate the code for these components.
- You can connect to any REST API and use it in your app, instantly it will add a cloud database and backend to your app.
- With the Appery plugin catalog, you can also add powerful functionality.
- You can also create your own custome private plugins.
- dev.to is a community of coders and developers.
- It is a platform where software developers write articles as well as take part in discussions.
- They value supportive and constructive dialogues in the pursuit of great codes and career growth.
- Their ecosystem spans from beginner to advanced developer. They welcome all.
Let’s create the next big thing together!
Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is success.