When deciding to build an app, how to hire an App Developer is one of the first questions. Whether you are starting a business or want to digitize your current business, you absolutely need to hire an app developer to achieve your business goals.
Hire an App Developer: 5 Options to Find the best one
There are several ways to find the perfect candidate. First, you can search for app developers through recommendations and personal contacts, or you can search for them on social media such as LinkedIn, Indeed, or even Reddit. Take advantage of app developer lists on reputed review platforms such as Clutch, GoodFirms, Softwareworld and Themanifest.
Let us outline the 5 options you can choose to start a new project with a team of the best-talented developers.
1. Hiring an in-house team
The first option is to hire your own application developers. Depending on the project requirements, hire an app developer may not be enough. The application development team structure usually consists of 5-7 professionals such as QA engineers, project managers, iOS and/or Android mobile application developers, back-end developers (back-end), and UX/UI designers to cover the needs of excellent development Appendices to all areas.
The advantage is that you can fully control the app development process and maintain close communication and collaboration every day. On the contrary, it is the most expensive and time-consuming way because of the additional costs of office space, equipment, and taxes, as well as the organization of the personnel process and the development process itself.
Read more: Hidden costs of mobile app development
2. Hiring a local team
Another option that can actually save you a lot of time during the organization process is to hire an app developer from a local company. Although this option is less costly, it still requires a high investment. In the United States, the cost of application developers ranges from $100 to $150 per hour. Double the number of application experts, and for a small application project, the final bill may be about $100,000.
3. Hiring a freelance app developer
If you need to hire an app developer, another option you can choose is to join various online platforms and websites, such as Upwork, Freelancer.com, Fiverr, etc. These resources are usually the most affordable application development services, which is the only advantage in this category.
It is recommended that you only hire independent application developers for short-term or simple tasks. The biggest problem is the huge communication gap between independent application developers and customers. All management and subsequent processes are the responsibility of the client.
It is generally recommended to always check reviews, technical tests and completed projects, although many of them may have non-existent portfolios and tests. Don’t always display an image wider than the developer’s ability.
If you are considering hiring application developers from freelance websites, keep in mind that sometimes ghost developers are hidden behind low prices. There are potential risks associated with uncertainty and security because these developers sometimes disappear suddenly without any explanation. Weaknesses of hiring app developers in this way:
- Freelancers are unlikely to provide turnkey application solutions because they are mainly focused on the technical execution of tasks.
- Freelancers do not follow application development methods and are not involved in their applications Use of project management tools in project planning.
- Freelancers should be trusted to ensure that they will not use your application code, distribute materials, or take any other improper behavior.
Finally, if you are not satisfied with the final result, you will have to restart the process and hire an app developer again. In most cases, the code quality may not be high and cannot be reused. Cheap and can be very resource-intensive.
4. Hiring a Low-price company
With the growth of the global IT market, many suspicious development companies have emerged. These teams usually provide low-cost application development services. How can they manage?
Most of these companies pay lower wages to their employees. And use hobbyists or college graduates as cheap application developers for your coding services. Therefore, don’t be surprised if the code quality and performance of your project are poor. Think twice before hiring this kind of service. Identify a trustworthy and excellent supplier to develop your application is very essential.
Read more: How to get out of troubles with a bad team
5. Hiring an offshore dedicated app development company
Last but not least, you can turn to a dedicated development team like InApps. An offshore software development company provides a full range of services, from finalizing the concept of an application project to launching the application, to further support and maintenance.
Besides, depending on the region, these teams can have a very good correlation between the price and quality. For example, you can save thousands of dollars (only $20000/project) by hiring a developer in Vietnam in comparison to the price of hiring one in the United States.
In addition, these companies typically have 10 years of experience in developers who outsource application development to internal employees. Due to fierce competition, they value your reputation, brand and customers.
Don’t make these 7 Mistakes When Hiring an App Developer
There are many factors that negatively affect the success of the final application. Let us show you how to avoid the common mistakes when hiring application developers who will not bring value to your project.
1. Choosing the cheapest option
Quality does not go hand in hand with a low price. Seasoned and skilled app developers definitely value their work and can’t just ask for $ 5 an hour. You can get in stuck with a bad developer without any launching product.
2. Choosing the most expensive option
Expensive developers cannot guarantee the realization of popular applications.
3. Misunderstanding of your business model
It is better to hire an application developer who has worked on similar application concepts and understands its market segments.
4. The application has not been submitted to the App Store
Verify that the application developer you are trying to hire is actually developing a marketplace app. You can download and test these applications at any time.
5. Start coding without properly evaluating the project
Before starting to develop an application, it is important to complete the discovery phase. Application developers need to understand the overall situation of the project based on concepts, market analysis, and functional specifications. Otherwise, some encryption may be discarded and a waste of money.
6. There is no budget or timetable for the project
After you have discussed the concept of the project, determined its function, and covered all the key details of the project, get a quote before hiring an application developer. The professional team creates quotations and next development steps in the form of project proposals. Please note that the integrity test takes time.
7. It has nothing to do with after app launching
Long-term planning is also important. Think ahead and understand how application developers can help you expand your project further or and fix bugs.
Here is a checklist to help you successfully hire the best developers to start a new project or enhance your current team’s productivity:
- Clearly understand the needs, requirements, and priorities of your application project.
- Carefully check the portfolio and other relevant information about the developer as well as the key customer’s Links and feedbacks.
- Evaluate the entire SDLC, including support and maintenance phases.
- Identify security issues during the application development project.
- Analyze the developer’s initial proposal with the project budget and timetable as well as the terms and conditions.
- Look for reliable partners who are interested in long-term commitments.
Nowadays, choosing an app developer vendor that meets your unique business goals is quite difficult. Hence, you must remember:
- Hiring a dedicated software development team has more advantages than hiring application developers on a separate platform.
- A company that provides services focusing entirely on business analysis, project management, design, and ongoing support is better.
- Many experienced application development teams are outsourced and are worth the money.
Realize your app idea with InApps
Our experts have already had +10 years of experience in designed, managed software, solved problems for many kinds of mobile app. Hence, if you need to hire an app developer, we are the right one. By following InApps custom mobile application development process below, you can have a full picture of how your app can be brought to life.
Many start-ups & SMEs used Application Development Outsourcing as the ‘key secret’ to quickly have a successful investment. If you want to find an effective company to be your partner, why not check out our case studies.
- Reduce your cost up to 70% – Guarantee the same or higher quality
- Fast solving-problem & supporting your end-users
- 80% of developers are good at English communication
- 90% of software developer have +5 years of experience
- High-level of Tech skills — Talented workforce from US, Australia, Northern Europe or Japan
- Transparency and Predictability for long-term cooperation
- Latest Development Methodologies & Diverse Industry Experiences
I’ve had great experiences with inapps in mobile app project. Recommend looking for a good outsource development firm for mobile game development or web development project to InApps team.
Head of Business Development at Phunware
I have been really impressed with the team at InApps. They are professional, work ahead of schedule and are technically strong across a range of fields.
A great experience designing the front end of our website, responsive team and good end product. Great website/UX design capabilities.
CEO at Eve
LET’S TALK ABOUT YOUR IDEA. WE CAN TURN IT INTO A WORKING PRODUCT.
Let’s create the next big thing together!
Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is success.